Monday, October 12, 2015

Aaaand...We're Back



So it’s been a while since I posted here.  Okay, it’s been a long while.  I got a little sidetracked finishing grad school and moving and job-hunting and all that jazz.  I stopped keeping up with reviews, but I certainly didn’t stop reading.  

I also didn’t stop looking for ways to share my thoughts about books, and to hear what others think about what they’re reading as well.  Last summer, a friend of mine took that challenge head on when she put together a long-distance book club.  Participants exchanged books, or book suggestions, via post or the Internet, and had a grand old time finding something new and fun to read.  This year, she got even more ambitious, and it became a Blind Date with a Book Club.  The idea was that recipients would have no idea who their book was coming from, or what they might be receiving.  We all submitted our reading preferences and waited with bated breath.

I chose to send my partner a copy of The KitchenHouse.  Hopefully she enjoys it!  My Blind Date came in the form of Leigh Bardugo’s Shadow and Bone.  But since we’re all reading something different, part of the idea of the Blind Date with a Book Club was that we would share our thoughts on what we read.  For me, the obvious choice was dusting off this poor, neglected blog, and doing a little reviewing.  I can’t promise that it’ll be a regular thing again, but I had forgotten how nice it is to set down one’s thoughts about a story in writing.

Want to know more about what the Blind Date with a Book Club is reading?  Check out social media for the hashtag #bookswithbenefits.  (Cute, right?)

No comments:

Post a Comment